Monday, May 2, 2011

Crafty Art Market 3

30th April has passed. Finally. I managed to bring 92 hats, on that day. I was so itchy to make another 8 but the back pain decided to say hi on the evening and what I did just the tagging tag.

I didnt know how many vendors took part this time around, but I managed to get the similar spot as last time. I just need a free wifi :p so I came around 8.30 that morning. I booked Tini of SnazzyNSuch space as well so that we will always be next to each other. :p

I did not bring new skirts coz this time around is hats and hats, just some of them. Thanks to those coming that day, new customers, returned customer..really thanks for coming and drop by. I really appreciate that.

Just want to share here anyways, that I got 2 customers just didnt understand what we (the vendors) do/sell that day actually. I know I cannot sell by saying "this is handmade, that why the price is like that". I read this >> "buying handmade" doesnt sell long time ago, but I do find my products fill the gap in the current market, be it hand-made or mass-made.

Why, suddenly I want to say this is because there were 2 customers came to my booth and said "RM30? Mahal lah, ingatkan RM10"(hat) and "Kenapa RM30? Pakai sekali je..." (crown). The price I put is already too damn cheap and yet, still they said that. I dont feel bad for myself, but for them, how they dont know how to appreciate. And hopefully they regret not buying them, coz the hat and crown they wanted to buy gone later after that. Or maybe they can find them somewhere else.

Ok, thats all. Please dont get me wrong, this is not an anger entry or what, I just want to let out what I keep for so long. I just love all my customers and supporters that day, you all just keep me making and creating.. :)

Ok Happy Tuesday to all!!

8 comments:

alamaya said...

mai, i pun penah ada pengalaman gitu...jual tote bag rm15 jek....then boleh kata lagi ..la, ingatkan rm5....terbako je hati...

mOmmy of Triplets plus One said...

bile org tu kate ingat kn RM10...kalau i sure ade rase cam nk jwb blk...nk beli kain pun tak lepas RM10 kak...hihi

mayb u kena buat signage situ "designer's cotton"

~ Cinta Health ~ said...

yeap... kite mmg akan slalu jumpa org² yang x appreciate handmade item .. n paling sedey bila mereka membuat comparison price with factory item kan... but i like your stuff especially hat... sgtlah gojes dan menarik.. ;-)

Mai Okinokiyo said...

jannah : tu la, mcm is that the amount they really want to pay?

munirah : i tak nak stand by designer cotton sgt sbb i found few yg bukan designer cotton with the same quality..but imported. tp tu lah kan...

myself & n : haaa thanks. tula dorg tak paham apa maksud individually made and mass made.

asuhara sue said...

masa mula2 nak stari handmade ni pon i selalu terfikir yg akan ada org2 mcm ni, tapi nasib baik kawan2 ramai yg support.

btw, your sun hat memang terbaekkkk!

Unknown said...

I love handmade items. They are always made with MUCH more effort & passion from the maker (sebab obviously yg buat tu dia suka sbb tu dia start buat kan he hee). Tapi mmg bengang la rasa kalau org just throw comments like that. Harap kita2 teruskan menjaga kata2 kita kat sesiapa pun :P

Anonymous said...

wonder how much their kids' happiness worth ey?? mcm tu pn nk kira...

sisdee said...

mai...memang!! Kita dh alami benda ni...dorg tnya price kita jwb..diorg ckp.. ler...kt giant bla..bla..bla...mcm nk ckp jek..suka ati duit aku! Hahaha...quality mai adalah tbaek! Hehe